Building Permits


Terry Tuck
Chief Building Official (CBO)
Municipality of Brockton
Box 68, 100 Scott Street
Walkerton, ON NOG 2VO
Map this Location.
T. 519-881-2223 Ext. 27
Toll Free 1-877-885-8084
F. 519-881-2991
E-Mail the Chief Building Official

Raymond Holliday
Building Inspector
Municipality of Brockton
Box 68, 100 Scott Street
Walkerton, ON NOG 2VO
Map this Location
T. 519-881-2223 Ext. 30
Toll Free: 1-877-885-8084
F. 519-881-2991
E-Mail the Building Inspector

You need to submit an application for a building permit if you want to:

  • Construct a new building or structure;
  • Repair, renovate, add to, or demolish an existing building;
  • Install a swimming pool;
  • Build a deck;
  • Erect a sign;
  • Alter most buildings and structures on your property;
  • Install a new septic system.

All applications are reviewed for compliance with the Ontario Building Code and Zoning By-law requirements.

How to Apply for a Building Permit

  • Fill out an online Application for a Permit to Construct or Demolish or pick up a paper application at the Municipal Office
  • Include site and construction plans with your completed application form
  • Submit your completed application form to the Municipal Office in person

Septic Permits

If you are planning to install a septic system on your property you must submit a Septic Permit Application.

WSIB Mandatory Coverage in the Construction Industry

Before the work starts, get the clearance number

If you work in construction, the rules for mandatory WSIB coverage have changed. Do you run your own construction business? Big or small, with workers or without, you still need to know what's changed. 

For more information on mandatory coverage in the construction industry view the WSIB Brochure or visit