Glammis

Contact

History

Glammis was first settled in 1852 by Allen Ross and Duncan Campbell. A Presbyterian Church was built in 1858 as a place of worship for the settlers. In 1860, a post office was built with the name of 'Glammis', even though the settlers preferred a spelling with only one "m", after Glamis Castle in Forfarshire, Scotland. In 1896 the population was 230 and Glammis had a hotel, blacksmiths, carpenters, saw mills, carriage maker, harness maker, butcher, doctor, milliner, tailor, general store and dry goods store, along with a combined pool room and barbershop.